It seems necessary to revisit this topic: Why is it good to tithe?
Well, first of all, the Bible commands it. The tithe belongs to God. To not tithe to God makes the non-tither a thief, and one of the Ten Commandments is “thou shalt not steal”.
The tithe, while it is a “cut above” regular bills (to use the vernacular), remains in the realm of non-negotiable bills such as the mortgage, car payment, electric bill, water bill, trash pick up, taxes and so on. It is non-negotiable. It should be the first thing paid. It is first in time of payment, and the first “off the top” of a paycheck.
There are things that might seem essential, but they are not: Netflix, Starbucks, a new iphone every year, a bigger and better TV, or even any new “stuff” at all.
It’s better to trim the fat and give the Lord the tithe.
Leviticus 3:16 …all the fat is the Lord’s.
If you really believe the Bible, and really believe that God will rebuke the devourer, wouldn’t you give up any kind of discretionary spending in order to make sure that the tithe is paid? It must be regular and consistent tithing, not just a one time of “trying” it once to see if it works.
There is a saying, “learn from other people’s mistakes because you don’t have enough time to make them all yourself”. If you pay attention you will see that those who do not tithe have certain bad things happen (it is better to call it by its Biblical name…cursed with a curse).
- equipment gets stolen
- unexpected breakdowns, i.e., refrigerators, washers, dryers, air conditioners, flat tires
- health issues that take money
- missing store sales so as to pay higher prices instead, “a day late and a dollar short”
- missed opportunites
- not getting promoted
- not being aware
On the other hand, one of the blessings of the tithe is first and foremost awareness.
This can be spiritual awareness, but it can also be awareness that helps everyday life work better.
A big point of awareness (or non-awareness as the case may be) is the toxic jab that many people took. It was not a true vaccine. And finally, the truth is coming out.
If you tithe, you can be more sensitive to “do’s and don’t’s” in the natural world that will make your life easier. God will make you aware of things to help you avoid problems that take time and money and create turmoil.
Other blessings from tithing may be:
- again, awareness that can lead you to be at the right place at the right time and help you avoid problems
- you meet people, make connections, find ideas and opportunities that would be hidden if you are a non-tither
- preservation of equipment, fewer breakdowns, or if something needs to be replaced, the ability to solve it flows easier. Have you ever had something breakdown and someone could help in 10 minutes as opposed to maybe 2 days later or not showing up at all? Ten minutes is preferable. Life is better with tithing.
- being led to go to a store and finding a sale for something you need
- people giving you things because they have duplicates or have upgraded and don’t need certain things any more
- lack of desire to spend money on unnecessary things…this is big…as a lot of problems are self-inflicted by appetites for things not needed; tithing can help you shrug off what you used to crave as you have a right to ask God to rebuke the devourer if you are a tither
- there are other blessings that God tailors to each of his children individually; a blessing for one is not a blessing to another as people are different
Malachi 3:7 (KJV) Even from the days of your fathers ye are gone away from mine ordinances, and have not kept them. Return unto me, and I will return unto you, saith the Lord of hosts. But ye said, Wherein shall we return?
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.
11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the Lord of hosts.
12 And all nations shall call you blessed: for ye shall be a delightsome land, saith the Lord of hosts.
A blog post can only introduce a topic, but not cover it in depth. For more study on various topics, click here for links to Christian bookstores and other Christian sites.
The link above will take you to links to sites that teach on faith, prayer, confession, healing and more. They have church services, podcasts, bookstores, and further resources and teaching.